Friday, October 2, 2015

When We Want

wHat is lovE mISsions

"LOVE GOD with all your heart,
and your neighbor as yourself."

The Torrans Tablet

"I love you, Mommy." She has blond hair like honey. Blue eyes like a butterfly.  And a smile like a porcelain doll. In my dreams, she gives me a hug. 

But now I am awake. I remember finding out I am pregnant. Being sure it is a girl. But at three months, the contractions come.  And the bleeding.

I miscarry one baby.  But I am thankful that the second fraternal twin lives. Our son is a beautiful blessing. I never feel like I want a girl instead. I just wish my daughter could be in my arms, too. 

Wishing, wanting, and praying are good things. They make us depend on GOD.  Because we are desperate.  Because we need HIM. Because the ache will not go away.

This is what happens when we want:

 1.  We Care

Oh, how we care for the people in our lives. Our husband, our children, our parents, our family, our friends. We love them. We do not want them to leave. But sometimes they have to.

2.  We Cry

When they are gone from our worlds, we grieve. We feel we can not go on. It is almost as if we never had them. But it is both hurtful and healing, because we did. Or did we, we ask ourselves.    

  3.  We Can 

But we can keep wanting and living at the same time. The desire might never go away. Our FATHER can give us another spouse, child, or friend. Though they will never replace the one we lost. Or HE can help us know that we can make it. 

I still wish for another daughter someday. GOD might give me a girl. Or HE may give me an adopted daughter, a daughter-in-law, or a  granddaughter. We might not get our prayers answered when we want. But it may be when we need.

Please share your prayer requests. And I will pray the LORD gives you the desires of your heart.

Love, Joey, Amy, Mikey, Jonny, A.J., and Annie Torrans

Missionaries to people who need prayer.

We all do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I hadn't gotten to look at your blog before & I'm.sorry I didn't read your birthday invitation til just now. I hope that you & friend and family are having a great time!! I enjoyed reading this (I don't normally think to read blogs; I don't read as much as I used to--I hope as I continue to heal & get more energy, that my desire & ability to read more (I've always been a big reader until the last couple years) will return. I trust that it will. I used to read 1 blog, from a trainer from LearningRx I actually trained & was in a book club with years ago.

    I should read yours (& that of another FB friend who is the mother of a daughter with special needs, about your & my age. Anyhow, happy birthday!! I hope you have fun celebrating & a wonderful year!! I love that you have an "adopted" daughter through Compassion! I wish that Ryan & I had kids, but it's both unfortunate & fortunate that we don't yet (God knows best, with my health.) I can't wait til that day, though!!

    It would be nice to maybe get to spend some time with you, maybe after things settle down , around here (around Thanksgiving, when I'll be done/in between my women's renewal group.). Blessings to you & yours!! <3 Sincerely, Katie Scott

    P.S. do you write very often & do you notify people when you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kathleen. How are you feeling? You will be a wonderful mother someday. I am praying you have a beautiful week. You can probably follow my blog. Or save it by sharing with the links above. It is called What Is Love Missions. You can look it up on Google. I also post it on Facebook under Amy Claar Torrans. I write new articles every few months. There are many other posts here, too. I really appreciate you. GOD bless :)

    ReplyDelete